The scope of research at IPB University includes:
- Agriculture includes food crops, horticulture, plantations, marine fisheries, livestock and forestry.
- The agricultural industry includes food crops, horticulture, plantations, marine fisheries, livestock and forestry industries.
- The scope of the agricultural industry, namely the upstream (primary) and downstream industries (secondary including the bioprocess and tertiary industries which are supporting the sustainability of the industry).
Research at the IPB University was carried out with the following clusters:
- Renewable resources based industry
- Biorelated sciences and health
- Indigenous knowledge / technology
- Food security and food safety
- Genetic resources and engineering and breeding
- Conservation and environment
- Social, economy and culture
- Biophysics, mechanics and equipment
- Management and information technology
- Regional development and community empowerment
The following are the research results of IPB University