Prof drh Arief Boediono, PhD, PAVet(K)
Professor of Anatomy, Physiology and Pharmacology
Expertise : Embryo Engineering and Stem Cell
- In vitro embryo production (mice, cows, sheep, goats, cats) by utilizing the ovaries and testes ofanimals that already died.
- Production of vivo embryoin by using Multiple Ovulation and Embryo Transfer (MOET) method incows. The cow that normally produce only one embryo per one cycle (21 days), it can produce 5-20 embryos in one cycle with hormonal manipulation.
- Chimera cow production is a cows fertility that has 4 elders at once, namely (Friesian Holstein, BlackWagyu, Limousine, Red Wagyu).
- Parthenogenetic embryo production with diploid chromosomes (cows, mice, cats), is thedevelopment of mammalian embryos without sperm fertility.
- Development of stem cell production and therapy from parthenogenetic embryos and adult cells.
- Development and embryo biotechnology application in human IVF programs.
- Louisiana State University's Embryo Biotechnology Young Scientist Merit Research Award (2000).
- Honorable Lecturer I of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, IPB University (1998).
- Japanese Society of Veterinary Science for Young Scientists (1995).
- Oguri Award, Advanced Scientist on Biotechnology in Animal Reproduction (1995).
Position / Organization:
- Chairman of the Indonesian Human Embryologists Society, 2018-2020.
- Board of the Indonesian Association for In Vitro Fertilization, 2009-2020.
- Board of the Indonesian Stem Cell Association, ASPI, 2007-2021.