Prof Dr Ir Didy Sopandie, MAgr
Professor of Agronomy and Horticulture Study Program
Expertise : Plant Physiology
- Innovation of sorghum plant varieties (Soraya IPB 1, Soraya IPB 2, and Soraya IPB 3 sorghum varieties).
- Together with the research team (Dr Desta Wirnas, Dr Trikoesoemaningtyas), assembled a new sorghum variety that has a tolerance to suboptimal land (acid soil, drought, low phosphorus conditions), high production, high nutrient content (especially protein), and good taste of sorghum rice. This sorghum plant is intended to support family food security, suitable for low-sugar diets, and as an effort to food diversification.
- Innovative development of stimulant compounds (PGR, organic acids, calcium, boron) to increase fruit production and yield of oil palm plants.
- Satyalancana Karya Satya for the 30-year service period
Position in the organisation:
- Chairperson of the Department of Agronomy and Horticulture for the 2000-2003 period
- Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Agriculture (2003-2007)
- Dean of the Faculty of Agriculture (2007-2011)
- Chairperson 1 of the Indonesian Agronomy Association (PERAGI) (2007-2015)
- PERAGI Advisory Board Member since 2015