Prof. Dr. Daniel Murdiyarso
Professor of the Department of Geophysics and Meteorology
Expertise : Forestry Climate, Climate Change Adaption and Mitigation
A researcher that contributes to the Nobel Peace Prize 2007 for Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). Recipient of Achmad Bakrie Award in Science in 2010. Senior researcher in the Center of International Forestry Research (CIFOR). Key researcher for climate change in peatlands knowledge exchange in CIFOR for the past 15 years. His research about peatlands ecosystem has opened the way for peatland recognition policy, and because this issue is very important, it pushed the Indonesian Government to build an international peatland center on the CIFOR campus in partnership with countries that have large peatlands in the world.
A researcher that has the highest h-index value in IPB University. His h-index value in Google Scholar Index is 55 and 34 in Scopus Index. His SINTA (Science and Technology) Index value is also the highest in IPB affiliation with a score of 79.96 or #96 Rank nationally.
Awards and Honours:
- Nobel Peace Prize 2007. Granted as one of the team members of the 3rd and 4th IPCC Assessment Report Author Team.
- Achmad Bakrie Award 2010 in Science for Scientific Achievement and Promotion of Science – Policy Dialogue, Land Use, and Climate Change.
- LIPI Sarwono Award XVII and Sarwono Prawirohardjo Memorial Lecture (SML) XVIII Year 2018.
- 1. Indonesian Sciences Academy (AIPI / Akademi Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia)
- 2. Indonesian Agricultural Meteorology Association (PERHIMPI / Perhimpunan Meteorologi Pertanian Indonesia)
- 3. The International Society for Agricultural Meteorology (INSAM)
- 4. Head of Hydrometeorology, Geomet Department, IPB University