Prof. Dr. M. Syukur
Professor of Agronomy and Horticulture Study Program
Expertise : Genetics and Plant Breeding
Making new chili varieties that have eight different color degradation resembles a rainbow. These chili plants are intended to support family food security, also developed as home decoration as ornamental plants. The chili product innovation itself is a type of high-yielding non-hybrid ornamental chili. The plants are short, suitable for cultivation in pots. The fruit is clustered and leads upwards, so that it is interesting to be made as ornamental chili.
- Award for 2017 Plant Breeding category from the Indonesian Seed and Nursing Society (MPPI)
- The Most Prospective Indonesian Innovation in 2016 from the Business Innovation Center (BIC) and the Indonesian Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education.
- Innovators and Authors from 2015 IPB
- 1st Place of Most Outstanding Lecturer of IPB University in 2014
- Extraordinary Intellectual Property Award (AKIL) from the Indonesian Ministry of Education and Culture in 2012
Position / Active in the Organization:
- General Chairperson of the Indonesian Breeding Science Association (PERIPI) in 2017-2022
- General Secretary of PERIPI in 2009-2017
- Secretary of the Academic Senate (SA) of IPB in 2019-2024
- Chairperson of the IPB Commission Board of Professors (DGB) in 2015-2019
- Secretary of Commission C of Academic Senate of IPB in 2017-2019