Prof. Dr. Ir. C Hanny Wijaya
Professor of Food Technology Study Program
Expertise : Food Chemistry, Functional Food, Food Flavor, Food Additives and Regulations, Food Sensory Evaluation, Food Chemistry Analysis
- Cajuputs Candy (Eucalyptus Oil Candy)
Cajuputs® candy is a commercial hard-functional candy (lozenges) with a refreshing sensation of breathing, relieving the throat, and warming. The results showed that this candy can maintain homeostasis of oral microflora with the potential for function as "oral health care". Cajuputs® candy original is the first product released to the market, and now flavor variant has been developed as well as non-sucrose variants suitable for diabetics consumer.
The commercialization of original Cajuputs® candy products was initiated in 2003 - 2005 by the Center for Biopharmaceutical Studies-IPB University LPPM and then continued by PT Biofarindo until 2011. Currently Cajuputs® candy has been marketed in kiosks or canteens around the campus, Botani Mart, Al Amin, Bogor Permai, Ngesti and the Serambi Botani outlet. Cajuputs® candy original (patent ID 0000385S) has obtained marketing authorization from BPOM-RI with number MD 624410004005 and halal certificate LP-POM MUI no. 00110067461213.
- Functional drinks based on Java Tea
This invention relates to the formulation of Java Tea-based functional drinks (Orthosiphon aristatus) enriched with ginger, saffron, ginger, kaffir lime and lime which can prevent hyperglycemia in order to overcome the risk of diabetes mellitus with acceptable sensory attributes. This Java Tea-based functional drink has the ability of high antioxidants and antihyperglycemic with preferred flavor. The development of beverages is in its final stages to be produced by the national pharmaceutical industry through the research of the Education Fund Management Institute (LPDP).
- Quick Tempe
Quick Tempe or Fast Tempe is the process of making tempeh with chemical acidification using Glukono-Delta-Lakton (GDL) (100 Innovation Indonesia in 2008). The natural acidification process is widely used by tempe producers in Indonesia by soaking soybeans at a temperature of 28-31oC until the water is foaming and smells sour. Glucono Delta Lactone (GDL) is a salting material used to produce tempeh without affecting the taste of tempe produced. GDL is a Generally Recognized as Safe food additive. This material is commonly used as a coagulation material in the process of making tofu.
This appropriate technological innovation can accelerate the process of making tempeh and save costs. Acidification using GDL shortens the duration of soybean acidification, is environmentally friendly because it saves water and reduces soaking water waste and speeds up the process of making tempeh. It has been tested as a corporate social responsibility (CSR) program for national industrial supply of tempe producers, in addition to production and marketing at Bangunsari Tempe craftsmen, Lumajang.
- Commercial garlic powder (patent)
- Commercial shallot powder (patent)
- Ballast agents and scrubbing agents from dammar gum (patent)
- Drinks containing Ganoderma lucidum extract (patent)
- Andaliman powder (process)
- Science and Technology Award and Innovation category from the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education in 2018
- Hokkaido University Ambassador for 2016-2019 period and 2019-2022 period
- Honorary Member of IAFoST (International Academy of Food Science and Technology), 2018.
- 3rd Place of Most Outstanding Lecturer in Science and Technology Category, 2018
- Chosen in Indonesian Innovation from Kemenristekdikti and Business Innovation Center 110 (2018), 106 (2014), 103 (2011), 101 (2009), 100 (2008).
- Japanese Society for Promotion of Science (JSPS) FY Bridge Fellowship 2018
- ASEAN Food Production at AFC Singapore, 2013
- Extraordinary Intellectual Property Award (AKIL) from six RI ministries, 2012
- Roosseno Award (Indonesian Spice Council), 2013.
- The Most Outstanding Lecturer in Small Medium Industry Study Programs (MPI-IPB), 2003, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014.
- The Most Inspiring Lecturer in Fateta-IPB, 2013
- 100 Indonesian Outstanding Women Researchers (Indonesian Outstanding Researchers). UNESCO, 2010
- Award for the Indonesian Food Technology Association (PATPI) Award, 2010.
- Best oral presenter on 1st International Symposium on Temulawak, 2008.
- Citra Wanita Berprestasi Terbaik Indonesia (Yayasan Citra Profesi Indonesia), 2000.
- Citra Wanita Indonesia (Yayasan Nirwana Indonesia), 1999.
- Woman of the Year 1998-1999 (Indonesian Award Foundation), 1999.
- URGE (University Research for Graduate Education) Publication Award, 1997.
- Citra Kartini Award in the category of Outstanding Scientists, Citra Prestasi Indonesia Foundation, 1996
- Invited Scientist of JAFIC (Japan Association of Food International Commercial), 1991.
- Outstanding Woman Scientists, Association University Woman of Japan, 1989.
- Winner of Japanese Composition Contest for Foreigner, International Exchanges Research Institute, 1989.
- Inviting fellows from JSPS, DAAD, URGE, and Japan Foundation.
- President of the Indonesian Association of Flavor and Fragrant (Association of Flavor and Fragrance Indonesia, AFFI), 1996-present.
- Chair of the Hokkaido University Alumni Association in Indonesia, 2015-present.
- Chair of the Indonesian Association of Functional and Nutrition Food Activists, 2015-present.
- Members of the European Association for Integrating Knowledge Science and Engineering Knowledge into the Food Chain (ISEKI-food association), Austria, 2011-2014.
- Member of the Indonesian Microbiology Association, 2014-present.
- Member of the Indonesian Food Technology Association (PATPI), 1992-present.