Major Name / Major Code
Communication Science and Community Development / I31
A - 237/SK/BAN-PT/Ak-XVI/S/XI/2013
Jabaran Learning Outcomes
Number of Lecturer
Doctoral Professor (3), Doctor (18), Master (15)
Development of sociology, anthropology, population, politics, communication, human ecology, education-extension, and community development to support community empowerment.
Being able to apply the theory and methodology the scientific field of communication and the community development to analyze the social problem, to develop the communication management and the activity of community empowerment that promotes self-reliance and with the vision of agricultural development.
Comfortable lecture room is equipped with audio visual, library, community radio, social laboratory, computer laboratory/technology lectures based on multimedia, library which is equipped with the newest textbook and the scientific journals, radio studio, technology of informatics, “host spot” in the entire area of education, manufacturing technology of video/film, television station (Green TV).
Government and International Institution: Ministry of Education and Culture, Ministry of Living Environment, Ministry of Domestic Affairs, Ministry of Women Empowerment, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Social Affairs, Agency for Research and Development, National Land Agency, Central Bureau of Statistics, Provincial Government, District/City: Bogor, Riau, Bangka Belitung, West Sumbawa -West Nusa Tenggara, West Sulawesi, PDAM of Bogor City. Media: Green TV (Communication Media Practice). International Institution: International Institute of Social Studies (ISS), Erasmus University Rotterdam, World Bank (HR Development), WWF. Publication: Yayasan Obor Indonesia, IPB Press, Disainku communication. Company: PT. Aneka Tambang, Tbk, PT. Indocement, Tbk, PT. Holcim, Tbk, PT. Timah, PT. Chevron, PT. SMART, World Vision, PT. Arutmin Indonesia, Radio Pertanian Ciawi. University: Networking with the universities in Indonesia: UI, UNPAD, UNSOED, UNS, UNILA, UNAND, UNCEN, Open University, Cordova University, Gottingen University, Sophia University, Universitát Passau, University of Kopenhagen, STKS Bandung, STPN Yogyakarta.
Competence of Graduate
Being able to design and apply the communication method of community development to support the community empowerment socially, economically, and politically.
- Planner and program organizer of corporate social responsibility both in the national and multi-national companies running in the sectors of agriculture, forestry, plantation, banking, industry, energy and mining.
- Activist in the actions of empowerment, community development, and poverty alleviation conducted by government institutions, donor institutions, or non-governmental organization, Consultant for Social Issues.
- Planner of policy and program organizer of agricultural extension, business communication, mass communication and development communication.
- Researchers in the research institutions and or lecturers in the universities, and the Regional and Central Governments apparatus.
- Journalist in the printed or electronic media.
- Qualified HR in the information technology company, the internet provider company; the film production house, the television station, the event organizer, and the public relation.