Major Name / Major Code
Agribusiness / H31
A - 211/SK/BAN-PT/Ak-XVI/S/X/2013
Jabaran Learning Outcomes
Number of Lecturer
Doctoral Professor (1), Doctor (16), Master (19), Undergraduate (2)
The development of science and insight of business of the fields of agriculture, fisheries, animal husbandry and forestry through the system and entrepreneurship approaches.
- Independent businessman and or professional manager in the agribusiness company.
- Professional manager in the government institution, and bank and non bank financial institutions.
- Consultant and associate in the field of agribusiness.
- Lecture room with the capacity of 60 people and 120 people equipped with the teaching facilities like LCD projector, wireless, air conditioner.
- Special room for discussion, seminar and examination.
- Library room with the up to date literature.
- AMT training, outbound, and guidance and counseling.
- PTC Program: Floricultural Training to the Small Farmer (Location in Indonesia and The Netherlands).
- AFBE (Asian Forum for Business Education).
- Japan Indonesia Presidential Scholarship Program (JIPSP) for S3 Students. Cooperation between Japan, World Bank, and Department of Agribusiness, FEM-IPB as the Superior Center in the Fields of Bio-industry and Bio-Business.
- The Netherlands Initiative for Capacity Development in Higher Education (NICHE) Project Cooperation between Department of Agribusiness of IPB and The Netherlands Universities Foundation for International Cooperation (NUFFIC)
Competence of Graduate
- Master the theory and concept of economy, business, and entrepreneurship for the decision making which is strategic and operational, and the problem solving in the tropical agribusiness.
- Being able to apply and make use of IPTEKS in solving the problem of the tropical agribusiness which is adaptive toward the environment change.
- Being able to make decisions which are strategic and operational by using the quantitative and qualitative methods, and being able to recommend the alternative solutions individually and in group in the tropical agribusiness.
- Having the soft skill and responsibility in applying IPTEKS of the tropical agribusiness in the community.
- Independent businessman in various agribusiness businesses.
- Professional manager in various agribusiness businesses.
- Government officers (central and regional), LSM of associate of farmer and agribusiness entrepreneur, consultant of agribusiness, and or researcher in agribusiness.
- Managerial staff in the financial institution of bank and non-bank related to agribusiness activities.