To be a leading on center which study disaster management holistically to develop a comprehensive and integrated strategy in the improvement of effectiveness and efficiency of disaster management.
A. Improving the effectiveness of disaster prevention :
- Evaluating policies and programs that are at risk of disasters.
- Evaluate and analyze aspects of economic, social, cultural, and environmental disaster prevention.
- Develop methods of prevention of disasters caused and accelerated by human behaviors such as :
- Develop a model of predictability and disaster information system using data and multiple methods (seismic, time series analysis, in particular the monitoring and analysis of GPS total electron constant (TEC) in the atmosphere continuously, Analysis of Seismo-electric signals (SES), Landscape Change Analysis: Forest, Watershed, etc.).
- Develop an early warning system including the exploration of Indigenous knowledge of disaster prevention.
- Increase family preparedness and community resilience related to the family (family resilience) and the development of models of "food security" through the activation of family food security and rural communities such as barns, dasa wisma (ten houses), etc.
- Improving community perspective on the disaster through education and socialization
B. Improving the effectiveness of emergency response during a disaster :
- Development of strategies and methods of community-based disaster management.
- The formulation of the standardization of services related to disaster victims based on their right to the provision of their basic needs (shelter, clothing, food, nutrition, and sanitation-health).
- Standard procedures to accelerate the first aids for disaster victims.
- The establishment of special team (Gerak cepat) for disaster victims aid from various local stakeholders.
- Training program for Special Team (Gerak cepat) in the disaster-prone areas on the disaster management procedures, the identification of victim profiles and the impact of disasters for individuals, families, and communities.
C. Improving the effectiveness of post-disaster rehabilitation and reconstruction :
- To revise landscape spatial structure and plan ecovilage-based post-earthquake area.
- Agro-based regional economic development in post-disaster areas.
- Trauma recovery method development of individuals, families, and communities after disaster.
- Development of institutional organization for post-disaster community.
- Model development planning and prioritizing programs post-disaster recovery and reconstruction.
D. Capacity Building for the Regional, Provincial Government and Community Organizations on :
- Disaster management (prevention, emergency call in times of disaster, and post-disaster recovery and recommendations) that efficiently including rapid assessment and resource profile of the village / area (pre and post disaster); rescue and protection victim; planning and priority setting in post-disaster rehabilitation and reconstruction).
- Regulation systems for local authorities and supporting rules for the implementation of Law No. 24 Year 2007 on the effective and efficient disaster management.
E. Human Resource Development
- Active in organizing or participating on various training programs, seminars, workshops, as well as undertaking comparative studies, both at national and international level in order to develop effective and efficient disaster management model.
F. Development and Acquisition of Facilities For LPPM Study Center Disaster
- Include secretariat, the provision of data and information, speed and accuracy of services, as well as training facilities and human resources development.
Prof.Dr.Ir. Euis Sunarti, MSi
Prof.Dr.Ir. Sulistiono, M.Sc
Baranangsiang Campus of IPB
Jl. Raya Pajajaran, Bogor 16153
Phone : +62 251 8319169
Fax : +62 251 8319169
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : http://psb.ipb.ac.id